Tips for Starting Your Blog
The Internet has been providing its users with various opportunities to earn money online. While online writing sites, paid-to-post forum sites and get-paid-to-click sites are becoming popular these days, putting up your own blog is still one of the best ways to earn money. In fact, some successful bloggers have generated a good amount of income just by maintaining and updating their blogs.
However, starting your own blog is not an easy task. It’s not just about writing anything you want and posting images or videos. It is about reaching out to people and being able to give them information that is written in a fresh, unique manner. Before you start your blog, here are five tips that will help you get then right amount of traffic that will eventually give you a steady income.
5. Find Your Niche. Your blog should reflect the real you so make sure you choose a topic that you are comfortable in writing. All successful blogs have a specific niche. It can be something you are passionate about, your interests and hobbies or any information that you know of that you think will make people go back to your blog every now and then.
4. Properly Arrange and Design Your Blog. If you are not a HTML expert, then that’s okay. Most blogging sites provide customized themes you can choose from to make your blog look more appealing and readable to the viewers. Also, incorporate widgets or gadgets in the sidebar of your blog for better accessibility. Widgets such as labels, share icon on social networking sites and archives should be included in your blog’s sidebar.
3. Write for Readers. While your blog reflects who you are, bear in mind that there are other people who are reading your blog as well. That’s why it is important to effectively write a post that will enable the readers to stay on your blog and keep going back to it. Make sure you have a catchy title that will grab the reader’s attention, a readable original, fresh and unique content and an article that is ‘scannable,’ meaning not more than 1,000 words but not less than 250 words.
2. Utilize Search Engine Optimization or SEO. In essence, Search Engine Optimization is a tool utilized by a lot of companies to attract readers to come into their sites. The purpose of SEO is to generate the right amount of traffic into the site in order to have a higher ranking in search engines such as Google. When you use SEO, this means your post should have the right keywords related to your topic which a potential reader might use when searching for that particular kind of topic.
1. Submit and Ping Your Blog. When you submit and ping your blog, it means there is a higher chance of driving the right traffic into your blog, thus increasing its visitors. It will also inform the server that a new content has been posted in your blog wherein search engines will check on it and look into the content. You can submit your blog on search engine sites such as Google and Bing or ping sites such as Pingler. Through this, your blog will become visible to search engines whenever a reader researched on something that is related to your blog niche.
Writing may be your passion and maybe you don’t intend to make money out of it. But there’s nothing wrong in giving blogging a try. Who knows’ you may be successful in this and might be your ticket to success.
There are a lot ways in order to earn money online. Some will ask you to join various sites where you get paid for a few cents while others would recommend you to do some freelance jobs in order to earn money. Unfortunately for some, these do not work for them. One of the most successful ways to earn money online is by starting your own blog. In fact, a lot of people have made a steady income out of blogging since a lot of advertisers are willing to buy space on their blog due to its high ranking and visibility in search engines. Putting up your own blog can be anything that you are passionate about, provided that you write honestly and you provide a content that is original and unique. But before you start with your blogging career, here are a few tips that will help you put up your blog successfully.